In a nutshell it is claimed that there are two main branches of lawyers, namely defenders and advocates. They perform various functions such as:
- Property division
- Taking care of wills in case of death
- Matters of divorce
- Matters of asset division following divorce
- Matters of child custody following divorce
- Alimony cheque’s et cetera.
In the grand scheme of things an advocate’s job is to help out when making legal decisions.They often belong to firms that have given them thorough training how to represent different cases in a professional and legal manner. Sometimes, it is possible that advocated be working privately, however, they might be far expensive. It is always better to contact an advocate who belongs to a firm as it guarantees the safety and security of the investment you are making. You might also come across someone who has been professionally trained and has a lot of experience. If you are wondering still, what it is an advocate does, following are some examples:
- They meet with the clients once they have gotten in touch with the company. Their job is to now understand the matter and gain the trust of the client. Only the can things be moved further.
- Once they know what the case is, they begin their research in order to understand any law related updates announced by the government. This helps them advise an action plan.
- They draft all the contracts and required letters that might be needed once the case is pursued. This involves a lot of legal documents.
- They represent their clients legally and otherwise whenever a negotiation has to be made. This is to minimize the responsibility on their client’s shoulders.
Defenders, unlike advocates are also known as barristers and they have a particular purpose in court. They represent their clients as well but this is only underspecific matters. Technically speaking these people work independently but if need be might also be recruited by companies.
Hence, it is impossible to approach each matter brought to court under the same light. Each work with their own set of legalities and ethics. Each have different trained personnel who understand the proper protocol that ensures no offense is made when the matter is presented in a court of law. Their job is to understand the matter at hand and ensure the right person is given the authority over the present information so they formulate a case that is strong and guarantees a win.
Martin Bill is the author of this article. He refers to the website djpsolicitors.comto make people understand what to lawyer to hire when need be.